What if the defendant’s attorney contacts me?
The defendant’s lawyer or an investigator may contact you. You may refuse to speak with them; the decision is completely up to you. We suggest that you always know the identity of the person to whom you are speaking. If you are not sure with whom you are speaking, ask for their name and phone number and call the Victim / Witness Services at 717-299-8048 for assistance.

Show All Answers

1. Where is your office?
2. What is a subpoena?
3. What is the purpose of bail?
4. Do I need to get an attorney?
5. What if I move or change my phone number?
6. What if the defendant’s attorney contacts me?
7. What if the defendant, his/her family, or friends contacts me?
8. Will there be a jury at trial?
9. How long do I have to wait at court?
10. Can my case be continued?
11. Will the defendant be in the courtroom?
12. Can I be in the courtroom when my child testifies?
13. What is a plea agreement?
14. What is a victim impact statement?
15. What is restitution?